A health insurance policy is a must-have for everyone. A health insurance plan is a contract between the insurance provider and the policyholder. In this particular contract, the former agrees to cover the medical costs of the latter, in exchange fora certain price that is termed as the premium. There are two significant categories of health insurance policies, i.e. individual and family.
An individual insurance policy will provide you with coverage for the medical needs of a single individual.
In an individual policy, you can choose the one that fits your bill perfectly.
- How does an Individual Health Insurance policy work?
In an individual medical insurance policy, you have to buy plans for every family member separately, i.e. children, parents or spouse. The premium is paid depending on the person’s age as well as respective sum assured.
- Individual Health Insurance Coverage
Given below are a few things that get covered under individual health insurance:
- In-patient hospitalisation expenses
- Ambulance charges
- Pre and Post hospitalisation expenses
- Preventive healthcare and wellness
- Domiciliary hospitalisation charges
- Complete health check-up
- All daycare procedures
- Anti-venom vaccination
- Any surgery like treatment of hernia, piles, psychiatric disorders, a cataract will be covered after waiting period
- Maternity benefits
- Individual Health Insurance Exclusions
Given below are a list of things that aren’t covered under individual health insurance:
- Diseases like
- Benign Prostatic
- Chronic Renal Failure
- Knee Replacement
The above-given conditions are not covered for the first two years of buying insurance.
- A few more things that get excluded are
- Medical cover that is availed because of ageing and puberty
- Artificial life maintenance/Cosmetic surgery except in case of accidents
- Congenital conditions
- HIV and AIDS
- OPD Treatment
- Wellness clinic
- Preventive care
- Sexual problems
- Gender issues
- Stem cell transplant
- Drugs and dressing for OPD treatment
- Individual health insurance will help cover the pre-existing medical conditions only after 48 months of the uninterrupted policy coverage.
- Features of Individual Health Insurance Plans
- In these plans, you get medical coverage for the insured policyholder only, based on the premium paid.
- The coverage varies from plan to plan. It includes pre and post-hospitalisation charges, surgery costs, doctor’s fees, lab tests and post-treatment care.
- However, the coverage isn’t definite. It includes several exclusions as well, like cosmetic treatments, pre-existing medical conditions, therapies, injuries that are caused by self-harm and suicide attempts.
To compare health insurance plans online, you can also make use of the health insurance premium calculator.
- Benefits of Individual Health Insurance Plans
- People with higher health risks and medical ailments can go for higher coverage.
- You do not have any set limit on the maximum age for the renewal of the policy.
- Importance of an individual health insurance plan
Given below are a few factors that make it essential to buy a personal health insurance policy:
- Offers Financial Stability: With the help of an individual health insurance plan, customers can ensure that their savings remain intact.
- Provides Peace of mind: People who do not have an adequate health insurance plan will have to suffer from more stress. It is possible that they won’t get proper treatment because of insufficient funds. On the other hand, people who are insured will get quality health care right on time. Therefore, with the help of an individual health insurance plan, you can enjoy both financial stability and peace of mind.
A individual health insurance plancan be good investment. Therefore, it is beneficial for you to insure your whole family along with yourself. It is also possible to buy an individual health insurance policy online. You get offered flexible as well as affordable plans that have a wide range of benefits to take care of your family. Individual health insurance is a comprehensive plan for an individual. Plans such as personal accident insurance are also available for individuals looking for coverage for death or disability caused due to accidents.